About Rahul’S IAS and Teaching Pattern
OUR ESTABLISHMENT AND PURPOSE:
Rahul's IAS as a coaching institute for IAS and Judicial services exams was formally established in the year 2001 by Rahul Sir. The vision behind the endeavour was, and has been, to provide genuine support to the students preparing for these competitive exams. The institute offers class room courses and correspondence material only for law as a subject for IAS and judicial exams. (Presently we are not providing any class room courses for the IAS exams for certain logistic reasons, though we plan to restart it within an year or two. That will be formally announced later.)
The agenda is not just to teach and complete the syllabus; rather the larger agenda is to produce as many of successful students as is humanly possible. More importantly, we are aimed at instilling human values and compassion into our students, to make them better human beings. We are not only a coaching institute; rather we are a family, a group of persons aimed at doing the best we can for our Nation. A coaching institute is not only for teaching the subjects; rather it is for a great social service to the Nation-by producing the best officers, not only the best in their official duties rather also the best in their societal and National duties.
We, at Rahul’s I.A.S. do promise to teach to the best possible and to fulfill all our commitments made to you at the time of admission. Please remember that you have joined the best and the No. I institute of India for Law.
Our genuine results, the faith of the students in us, the work culture, the teaching pattern, etc., everything is an evidence of that. Since you plan to join us, let me tell you also that here the teaching pattern will be totally exam focused and in depth. That might appear to be tough to some of you; but that is the requirement of the exams. We have to live by it.
The topics which are the most difficult and the most important will be taught in the most exhaustive and detailed manner. The easier and less important topics will be taught less detailed and only as much as is required for the exams. In every subject, on some non important topics some burden will be put on the students to prepare themselves. That would constitute hardly 5 percent of the syllabus for that subject.
Our only appeal to the students is: Be regular and punctual to the classes; be positive and forward looking; be open to us—in case of any complaint, directly write and give your complaint to the authorities; have full faith in the organization that you have joined—we will always give you the best possible teaching, as we are always aware of the quantum of faith and the trust you have bestowed upon us, and moreover, we are always concerned with the fact that we have to remain the best and to produce the maximum no. of genuine results.
The focus and pattern of our teaching will be as follows:
- Topic wise synopsis of all sub-topics and thread bare conceptual explanations and discussions—wherever needed, these discussions will be dictated or will be repeated to enable you to write it, or a write up on the discussion will be provided.
- The student shall be alert and keen on writing the points when the teacher is explaining. The teaching style of different teachers here is different and therefore the students are advised to quickly get accustomed to it for their own benefit.
- Important and difficult previous years’ questions and other questions will be discussed in the class. Model answers of some of these questions will also be dictated or supplied in writing. The students are advised to minutely follow these model answers and other answer writing tips and practice the other questions on the same pattern. If a student wants some other questions to be discussed he/she must write and give it to the teacher who will discuss it in the class whenever he finds it suitable.
- For the Preliminary exams we have sufficient no. of subject wise standard test papers. A student has to attempt these test papers in the classroom as and when a test is announced. It is compulsory for every student to attend these test papers. 14 days after the completion of a subject there will be a compulsory objective and subjective test on the subject.
- All important case laws—Landmark or Current, would be discussed in the class.These cases will also be supplied to the students for their personal reference. These cases shall be carefully studied and be preserved; any distribution of these cases to outsiders will entail a termination of your admission.
- Answer writing practice sessions will also be held during the classes and the students are advised to take these sessions very seriously. The teacher would discuss the model answer to these questions in the class itself.
- During the classes Rahul Sir and other teachers would also deliver some motivational lectures to boost your confidence and preparations. You are advised to take these lectures positively as they are for your benefit only.
- If there are some unsolved queries, one must write and give it to the teacher; the teacher will see whether he has to discuss it in the class or individually with that particular student. All the relevant queries of the students will be solved by the teachers.
- Every next lecture may have a small portion of question round wherein the teacher will ask questions on whatever he/she has taught in the previous lectures. Students are advised to be prepared every day. In case a student fails to respond continuously, the concerned teacher may talk to his/her parents.
- For G.S., Current affairs and Essays, there will special focused classes by specialists.
- For Translation ,English,Precis writing, Essay writing etc.,there will be special test papers for regular practice.
- For Current Affairs and latest legal developments & current case laws,there will be a special monthly magazine free of cost supplied to the students.
- The classes will be interactive , to entertain all doubts of the students.
- There will be special counsellors for law and G.S. to give personally individual guidance to the students.